The Cognitive Distortion Starter Kit Course
The Cognitive Distortion Starter Kit Course is organized by Jack Hirose & Associates Inc. and will be held on May 05, 2021.
Who Should Attend:
Clinical Professionals: All mental health professionals including, but not limited to Clinical Counsellors, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Hospice and Palliative Care Workers, School Counsellors, Youth Workers, Mental Health Workers, Addiction Specialists, Marital & Family Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants and all professionals looking to enhance their therapeutic skills.
7 Hours | Pre-approved for 7 CEUs
In this workshop, you will learn how to select the most effective treatment methods based on the distortions in your clients’ (or your own) negative thoughts. Dr. Burns will present many case examples and role play demonstrations to help you master powerful techniques that will boost your effectiveness in the treatment of patients struggling with depression, anxiety, and self-doubt. You will also see inspiring and dramatic video clips from actual therapy sessions that will bring these new techniques to life.
You will learn how to crush each of the ten familiar cognitive distortions, with methods such as Positive Reframing, Best/Worst/Average, Be Specific, the Externalization of Voices, Let’s Define Terms, the Socratic Technique, the Survey Technique, the Experimental Technique, Examine the Evidence, the Acceptance Paradox, the Feared Fantasy, and more.
Following this workshop, you will be able to:
• Explain why Positive Reframing will nearly always be the first method to use when helping the client / patient challenge a negative thought
• Describe three ideas behind cognitive therapy
• Explain the T, E, A, and M of the new TEAM-CBT
• Describe three Cognitive Distortions
• Explain the difference between outcome and process resistance
• Identify the distortions in your own and your patients’ negative thoughts
• Explain how the Best, Worst, Average Technique works
• Describe the Double Standard Technique
• Describe the Feared Fantasy Technique
• Contrast the Self-Defence Paradigm with the Acceptance Paradox
- Hours : 7
- CEUs : 7
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine