Medical CBT for Anxiety: Ten-Minute Cognitive Behavior Therapy Techniques for Real Doctors (Apr 09 - 10, 2021, via Zoom)
Medical CBT for Anxiety: Ten-Minute Cognitive Behavior Therapy Techniques for Real Doctors is organized by Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) Canada and will be held from Apr 09 - 10, 2021.
Accreditation is three-credits-per-hour by the College of Family Physicians of Canada. The workshop is 12.0 hours in length, for 36.0 Mainpro+ credits*.
*American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) members are eligible to receive up to 36.0 Prescribed credit hours for attendance at CBT Canada’s 12.0 hour (/12.0 Mainpro+ credit) workshops due to a reciprocal agreement with the College of Family Physicians (AAFP, 2016)
With many studies showing CBT on par with drugs, influential practice guidelines (e.g., Cochrane) now promote CBT as a first-line treatment for the anxiety disorders. This highly-practical three-credits-per-hour module works through family practice case studies of GAD, illness anxiety ("hypochondriasis" before DSM-5), OCD, panic disorder, PTSD, and social anxiety. Participants are encouraged to discuss real-life cases, and are shown how to work effective CBT techniques into their standard (e.g., 10min) family practice appointments.
Head instructor Greg Dubord, MD is the CME Director of CBT Canada, and the prime developer of medical CBT. He has presented over 500 workshops, including over 50 for the College of Family Physicians of Canada, and is a University of Toronto CME Teacher of the Year.
• Identify the DSM-5 anxiety disorders
• Pinpoint the key anxiety-causing beliefs
• Acquire skills to set the most strategic treatment goals
• Learn highly modular and flexible treatment protocols
• Discover effective interventions for chronic worry
• Learn CBT's acclaimed panic-intervention package
• Formulate responses to "illness anxiety disorder" (DSM-5)
• Develop effective ways for patients to overcome social anxiety
• Acquire the basic skills needed to treat PTSD
• Discover simpler & quicker ways to assess clinical progress
- CME : 36
- Hours : 12
- Mainpro+ : 36
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine