Mayo Clinic Sleep Medicine Update
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science assigns this CME activity for a maximum of 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians will be able to earn the credit commensurate based on the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification:
Successful completion of this CME activity, which involves participation in the evaluation component, allowing the participant to gain up to 15.75 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will obtain MOC points commensurate to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science delegates this activity for a maximum of 15.75 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should earn only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic Sleep Medicine Update is the first CME course from Mayo Clinic pertaining solely to sleep medicine. This course is designed for practitioners in the field of sleep medicine including established providers, new practitioners, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners. Drawing on the wealth of cases across the three geographic Mayo Clinic sleep centers, our expert faculty mirror the multidisciplinary approach to the practice of sleep medicine. This case-based format and open question and answer sessions provide a unique and practical resource for sleep medicine providers.
• Pre-course on fundamentals of sleep medicine - Thursday, April 15, 2021
• Case-based, interactive model drawing on the wealth of cases seen across Mayo Clinic sleep centers
• Dedicated time for questions and discussion with multidisciplinary faculty
• Practical insights that can be applied immediately to daily practice
At the conclusion of this CME activity, attendees should be able to:
• Analyze phrenic nerve stimulation in management for central and complex sleep apnea
• Alter the modalities and pathways for positive airway pressure therapy in complex sleep apnea, chronic respiratory failure, and obesity hypoventilation syndrome
• Identify operations of sleep practice and laboratory in the era of COVID
• Examine tele technology in the post-COVID practice of sleep medicine including opportunities, challenges, and successes
• Report on the wearable sleep technology and its use in diagnostics and management
• Know strategies in managing insomnia
• Review the effectiveness and dosing of new medications in hypersomnia
• Analyze medication and behavioral strategies in the management of refractory restless legs syndrome
• Display updates in research and management of REM Behavior Disorder (RBD) and neurodegenerative diseases.
- CME : 15.75
- MOC : 15.75
- Contact Hours : 15.75
Session Brochure : Download Session Brochure
Post Conference Info
Toll free Number
Terms And Conditions
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine