Management of Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
Management of Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office is organized by Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (GSDM) and will be held on May 05, 2021.
Credits: 4 CEUs
“Prevention is better than cure” this old saying is so true when you face a life threatening condition like cardiac arrest or shock on a day-to-day basis. Many such medical emergencies are commonly encountered in the lives of dental health practitioners. Very often, these situations have favorable outcomes and the victims is saved from any major morbidity and mortality in the dental office but incidents of mishaps and serious consequences are still reported. Knowledge and understanding of the mechanism of such emergencies is necessary to prevent future problems. It is prudent for any general dentist and specialist likewise to undergo adequate training and skills workshop in order to handle such situations with the best care possible to minimize both the adverse effects of such emergencies and also the frequency of such incidents.
• Risk stratification of patients who may have potential to develop medical emergency.
• Early recognition and prompt response to encounter the medical emergency.
• Ability to differentiate between an acute and possibly life threatening condition like cardiac arrest from the ones that may require timely stabilization like syncope and hypoglycemia.
• Organization of the outpatient dental office setting in order to minimize the morbidity and mortality that may arise due to such emergencies.
• Appropriate disposition of the patients before the emergency medical services arrive.
- CEUs : 4
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine