Leadership Strategies for Evolving Health Care Executives is organized by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Executive and Continuing Professional Education (ECPE) and will be held from Apr 27 - May 20, 2021.
Health Care Executive Leadership Program Overview:
Focusing on management systems specific to health care, this program provides skill building in the critical areas of leadership and management development.
The curriculum is designed to develop conflict resolution, operational analysis, employee management, and quality management techniques necessary to achieve individual and organizational objectives.
Today’s knowledge base is different from that of even six months ago, and the solutions to tomorrow’s problems are within reach.
As a leader in the continuously evolving field of health care, you have the formidable and immediate challenge of creating both short- and long-term strategies. This six-day program will enable you to respond proactively to the rapidly changing health care environment.
Program Benefits - Why You Should Participate:
Gain insight into and develop the skills required to lead effectively in the dynamic and fast-changing field of health care. You will learn from distinguished Harvard faculty and network with professionals from prominent organizations.
• Save money by knowing how to purchase services more effectively
• Learn how to decrease costly medical, patient, administrative, and management errors
• Build teams and processes to reduce redundancy; improving quality and reducing waste
• Benefit from consultant quality insight; improving productivity while increasing morale
Objectives & Highlights:
• Leadership sessions on motivation, negotiation, ethics, financial management, and more
• Active discussion groups that facilitate the sharing of experiences, address specific challenges, and create workplace solutions
• Distinguished Harvard faculty members, complemented by health care industry experts
• Professional networking with colleagues from highly regarded organizations
• Utilize the necessary tools to gain a firm grasp of your organization’s financial structure to effectively bring your vision to reality
• Use interest-based negotiation, multidimensional problem solving, meta-leadership, and other effective techniques to build collaboration and manage conflicts across complex health care systems
• Understand and leverage your skills to transform and lead groups into productive, high-performing teams
• Develop the crucial qualities, actions, and approaches necessary to be a successful leader
• Understand design thinking and how it can be used as a process for stimulating innovation in your organization
• Be able to explain and apply the dynamics of politics, culture, political culture and policy, alongside agenda setting, conflict and the role of narrative in policy making
• Understand organizational strategy and how to increase strategic thinking
• Understand change management concepts and apply them to real world experience
• Use best practices in giving and delivering feedback, work conflict, and difficult conversations to enhance high performing teams
• Identify leadership styles, strategies and approaches to improve personal navigation of challenges and opportunities
• Explore how groups become teams, structure themselves, and problem solve
• Introduce key concepts in developing an organizational strategy
• Examine ways to increase strategic thinking
• Understand what you are inherently good at as managers or employees
• Explore how to balance strengths on your health care teams
• Determine next steps to take in order to help leverage your talents
• Identify mechanisms that enable learning-by-doing to improve team performance
• Diagnose patterns of helpful and unhelpful behavior in teams
• Explore the issues leaders in health care face
Toll free Number
Healthcare Management +12 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 10
Healthcare Management +1 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 15