Enhanced Recovery After Surgery - Perioperative Surgical Home Boot Camp (ERAS - PSH) 2021!
Our Enhanced Recovery after Surgery - Perioperative Surgical Home Boot Camp is taking place virtually on April 10th - 11th, 2021!
For the past few years, one reoccurring question we are continually asked is “how do you actually start such a model in my hospital”? There are other excellent conferences on the topics of PSH and ERAS; however, none are directly devoted to the nuts and bolts of creating and maintaining these clinical models. In response to this urgent need, we are launching a series of Boot Camps that are singularly devoted to addressing the establishment of these models.
There are two overall goals of the Boot Camp:
The first goal of the Boot Camp is to enable clinicians who are seeking to establish a Perioperative Surgical Home (PSH) and Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) to incorporate contemporary operational management fundamentals in the design of this innovative care model.
The second goal is to educate clinicians in evidence-based management of perioperative medicine concepts so that it will improve clinical quality and patient experience and lower resource utilization of their patients.
Speakers for this Boot Camp are content expert in the PSH and ERAS model and exemplify world renown academic medical centers and outstanding community hospitals. These speakers represent multiple disciplines and have either established these models in their own hospitals or are real world experts in the medical management of these patients.
US Guided Regional Anesthesia Workshop:
This Workshop is being held on the same day as OVBC 2020 on April 9, 2021. The workshop hours are 2:00pm - 5:00pm.
Who should attend:
Physician Anesthesiologists, Resident Anesthesiologists, and Regional Anesthesia Fellows.
This workshop includes lectures, a phantom model technology to practice needle trajectory, and ample time for hands-on scanning on live models proctored by experts in the field of regional anesthesiology. This course emphasizes small group learning and real time hands-on practice.
Learn on Friday in Newport, block on Monday in your practice!
• Recognize and describe the sonoanatomy of the brachial plexus, individual nerves of the lower extremity, and fascial planes relevant to orthopedic procedures.
• Practice needle insertion techniques on phantom models; identify the block needle trajectory.
• Identify regional anesthesia techniques appropriate for total joint surgery, hip fractures, and sports-related surgical procedures.
• Demonstrate the correct sonographic technique for various peripheral nerve and fascial plane blocks utilized in orthopedic anesthesia.
• Discuss options for prolonging the duration of regional anesthesia techniques, including adjuvants, continuous catheters, and liposomal bupivacaine (EXPAREL).
For More Information & Registration: https://acpm.health/esr2021/
Be sure to check out the other meeting happening that same weekend:
• 5th Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on Orthopedic Value Based Care: https://acpm.health/ovbc2021/
* Please note that there are fees associated with this conference offering, and you may see pricing and register at: https://acpm.health/esr2021/register.php
About the American College of Perioperative Medicine (ACPM): https://acpm.health
About Dr. Zeev Kain: http://drzeevkain.health
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine