Updating Your Emergency Radiology Practice by RSNA
Updating Your Emergency Radiology Practice is organized by Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and will be held during Dec 06, 2017 - Dec 05, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).
Content Areas :
The following Content Areas will be printed on the certificate for this course:
• Computed Tomography.
• Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
• Emergency Radiology.
Conference Objectives are :
• Discuss the variability in and appropriateness of advanced imaging utilization and address potential sources of variability in practice.
• Review utilization control strategies and their effectiveness in improving imaging appropriateness, including clinical decision support.
• Discuss PAMA legislation and its implications for radiology.
• Discuss the key components of CT protocols that are appropriate for thoracic imaging in the emergency department setting.
• Review indications and protocols for MRI of the thorax in the emergency department setting.
• Identify potential pitfalls and artifacts which may be encountered on CT and MRI of the thorax that is relevant to imaging in the emergency department.
• Review the basic principles of dual-energy CT/Spectral imaging.
• Discuss novel techniques implemented using dual-energy CT in the acute setting including material characterization/decomposition, bone subtraction, virtual non-contrast, iodine distribution maps and monoenergetic spectral imaging.
• Explain the utility of dual-energy/spectral imaging in the acute care setting with examples in cardiopulmonary imaging, vascular imaging, intracranial aneurysms and stroke imaging, blunt vascular neck injuries, abdominal imaging and musculoskeletal applications.
• Identify clinical scenarios where MR or CT would be appropriate for the evaluation of emergency musculoskeletal conditions.
• Explain emergency department musculoskeletal CT protocols for detection of pathology.
• Explain emergency department musculoskeletal MR protocols for detection of pathology.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CME : 1.75
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine