Update! Influenza Vaccine Options by AAP is organized by Medscape, LLC.
CME / ABIM MOC / CE Released: 5/3/2019
Valid for credit through: 5/3/2020
This article is intended for pediatricians, allergists/clinical immunologists, family medicine/primary care practitioners, infectious diseases clinicians, nurses, pharmacists, public health and prevention officials, pulmonologists, and other members of the healthcare team involved in pediatric influenza vaccination.
• Physicians - maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
• ABIM Diplomates - maximum of 0.25 ABIM MOC points
• Nurses - 0.25 ANCC Contact Hour(s) (0.25 contact hours are in the area of pharmacology)
• Pharmacists - 0.25 Knowledge-based ACPE (0.025 CEUs)
The goal of this activity is to provide medical news to primary care clinicians and other healthcare professionals in order to enhance patient care.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
• Evaluate a new recommendation of the American Academy of Pediatrics regarding choice of influenza vaccine for children aged 6 months and older
• Describe clinical considerations regarding influenza vaccination of children aged 6 months and older, based on information from the American Academy of Pediatrics and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Outline implications to the healthcare team
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Infectious Disease, Medicine, Pediatrics