Credit Hour : 8
The 10-Step Depression Relief Workbook: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Approach is organized by Genesis Continuing Education (CE) Group.
• CE Credit Hours: 8
The 10-Step Depression Relief Workbook: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Approach details the core concepts and strategies from CBT. It also integrates mindfulness and acceptance approaches as well as exercise and healthy eating. Readers will find helpful information on the nature and forms of depression, measures for assessing depression, tools to reduce their symptoms and resources for additional help. Along the way, they will be provided with guidance on how to overcome various obstacles. They’ll learn how to increase their motivation, identify their problems, create a plan of action, and attack procrastination. Interspersed with this information are stories and examples from the lives of actual patients, making the concepts easier to understand - and relate to.
We’ve designed this book to be easy to read, with lots of practical examples. (many from our own lives), along with worksheets, quotes, and examples to get you started and keep you going. Remember: Depression is real. It is common. And it is serious. Fortunately, it is also highly treatable. We hope this book proves to be a helpful starting place.
Upon completion of this course, the clinician will be able to:
• Identify and assess symptoms of depressive disorders and distinguish them from coexisting conditions.
• Describe cognitive behavioral therapy principles and apply in therapeutic work with depressed clients.
• Engage clients in developing a personalized plan that includes setting goals and overcoming common obstacles to achieving those goals.
• Guide clients in identifying cognitive distortions and in reframing negative thoughts by using exercises such as the thought record worksheet.
• Identify common causes of procrastination and assist clients in challenging them and creating solutions.
• Apply behavioral activation as a way to improve mood.
• Engage clients in developing healthy lifestyle habits to improve physical and mental health.
Psychiatry, Addiction Medicine
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine