Pediatric Heat-Related Illness: Recommendations for Prevention and Management is organized by EB Medicine.
Date of Original Release: August 1, 2017
Date of most recent review: July 15, 2017
Termination date: August 1, 2020.
CME Expiration Date: September 1, 2020
This enduring material is designed for emergency medicine physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and residents.
4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, 4 ACEP Category I Credits, 4 AAFP Prescribed Credits, 4 AOA Category 2-A or 2-B Credits.
Upon completion of this activity, you should be able to:
• demonstrate medical decision-making based on the strongest clinical evidence;
• cost-effectively diagnose and treat the most critical ED presentations
• describe the most common medicolegal pitfalls for each topic covered.
Upon completion of this article, you should be able to:
• Identify pediatric patients at risk for heat-related illness
• Recognize physical findings of pediatric patients suffering from a heat-related illness
• Appropriately treat heat-related illness in pediatric patients
• Educate patients and peers regarding the prevention of heat-related illness.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Preventive Medicine