Pathophysiology of the Cardiovascular System and Neonatal Hypotension; Hydrocortisone for Treatment of Hypotension in the Newborn is organized by Academy of Neonatal Nursing (ANN). This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2.50 Contact Hours and 1.50 Rx.
Release Date: January/February 2015
Review Date: February, 2018
Expiration Date: February 28, 2020
Upon completion, learners will be able to:
• Describe the physiology underpinning the regulation of blood pressure.
• Outline the circulatory changes seen in transition.
• List the causes of neonatal hypotension.
• Discuss the assessment and management of the newborn with hypotension.
• Describe the pathophysiology of neonatal hypotension.
• Outline the management of neonatal hypotension.
• Discuss the use of hydrocortisone for the treatment of neonatal hypotension.
All neonatal nurses