Contact Hours : 1.5
Opioids for Pain Management in Older Adults: Strategies for Safe Prescribing is organized by Wolters Kluwer.
Published: Feb 2017
• ANCC - 1.5 CH / 1.5 APH
• DC - BON 1.5 CH
• FL - BON 1.5 CH
• GA - BON 1.5 CH
Purpose of Activity:
To provide information related to safe prescribing of opioids in older adults.
Appropriate selection and dosing of medications is essential when prescribing for older adults. Opioids are commonly employed to treat pain but must be approached with caution due to potentially dangerous adverse reactions. This article provides strategies for safely prescribing opioids for pain in older adults.
After completing this continuing education activity you will be able to:
• Recognize the importance of effective and safe pain management in older adults.
• Outline approaches to achieving effective and safe pain management in older adults.
• Identify the characteristics of various opioid medications.
Topics: Advanced Pharmacology Hours, Medications, Older Adults, Opioids, Pain Management
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Pharmacy and Medicine, Pain Management, Gerontology Nursing
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||03 Dec,2020||USD 17.95|
CME 1.25 +4
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine