CPE : 1.5
New Drugs 2017: Central Nervous System is organized by Alaska Pharmacists Association (AKPhA). This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.5 CPE hours.
Release Date: 1/15/18
Expiration Date: 1/15/21
The goal of this lesson is to provide a broad overview of central nervous system drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2017, including indications, mechanisms of action, adverse events, warnings/contraindications, drug/food interactions, counseling information, and availability.
This lesson includes a broad overview of drugs approved in 2017 for central nervous system disorders. Pharmacists should consult the patient package insert and other references for more detailed information.
Many pharmacists will not be exposed to some of these newer medications in their practices, but should stay current with new drug and formulation approvals, as well as updates to treatment guidelines that could include these new agents.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• recognize the targeted pathologies for the new CNS drugs discussed in this lesson;
• select the indication(s), pharmacologic action(s), clinical applications, dosing regimens, mode of administration, and availability for each drug;
• list the most relevant adverse effects, warnings, precautions, contraindications, and significant drug-drug or drug-food interactions reported with these medications; and
• list important patient counseling information to convey to patients and/or caregivers.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Neuroscience, Pharmacy and Medicine
CME 1.25 +4
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine