Managing Chronic Pain and Opioid Use is organized by Anderson Continuing Education and will be held from May 19, 2018 - Dec 31, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2 Contact Hours.
This course is designed to meet the 2 hour Michigan Board of Nursing pain and pain symptom management requirement.
• Treatment of Chronic Pain
• Nontraditional Pain Relief
• The Patient with Chronic Pain and his Family
• Pain in Special Populations
• What Changed?
• The Opioid Crisis in 2017: What's at Stake?
• Brief History of Opioid Addiction in the United States
• Long-acting Opioids at What Cost?
• Responses to the Crisis
• How Can Nurses Safely and Expertly Manage Patients’ Pain in the Political and Social Climate of 2017, given the Realistic Fears Caused by the Opioid Crisis?
• Where is the Chronic Pain Patient in the Current Political and Medical Climate?
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Chronic Diseases, Pain Medicine