Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR): A Rapid and Proven Treatment for Trauma
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR): A Rapid and Proven Treatment for Trauma is organized by Jack Hirose & Associates Inc. and will be held from Jun 08 - 09, 2021.
EMDR is by far my most in demand workshop topic, perhaps due to its strong evidence base for PTSD treatment, and the ease with which it can be integrated into therapists’ existing skill sets. For clinicians working with trauma, learning the resource and exposure skills of EMDR is critical, as they can help clients recover quickly, and many clients will ask for this modality by name.
Participants attending this 2-day intensive training will learn the original 8-phase model of EMDR, including target sequence planning, resourcing, desensitization, installation, and body scanning for both trauma and anxiety treatment. While the “whys” and “hows” of EMDR will be discussed, this training will emphasize learning through demonstrations and hands-on practice, which prepare participants to begin EMDR skills in their practice right away.
Whether you are an experienced EMDR therapist looking to brush up on and add to your skills, or a therapist completely new to EMDR, I am eager to work with you!
• Establish the role of the autonomic nervous system in trauma symptomology.
• Articulate the clinical implications of the freeze response in trauma treatment.
• Characterize the potential neurobiological mechanisms of change in the empirically validated EMDR approach.
• Specify how EMDR techniques can build dual awareness in clients to treat the avoidance that makes trauma and anxiety treatment challenging.
• Communicate the 8 Phases of the EMDR protocol.
• Determine which clients you should use EMDR with.
• Analyze resourcing strategies from EMDR that clinicians can use to help facilitate the processing of trauma.
• Characterize how EMDR techniques can be used to reinforce and activate positive neural networks.
• Communicate how EMDR can be modified to work with complex/developmental trauma to directly treat traumatic memories.
• Evaluate strategies that can help foster the critical connection between client and therapist in EMDR therapy.
• Establish the order of operations for attachment-based EMDR treatment to resolve relational trauma
- CEUs : 12
- Hours : 12
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine