Evolving the Standard of Care: Rethinking the Treatment Paradigm for Iron Deficiency Anemia
Evolving the Standard of Care: Rethinking the Treatment Paradigm for Iron Deficiency Anemia is organized by Medscape, LLC.
CME / ABIM MOC / CE Released: 1/7/2021
Valid for credit through: 1/7/2022
Medscape, LLC designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 0.50 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. Aggregate participant data will be shared with commercial supporters of this activity.
The goal of this activity is to provide clinicians with the most up-to-date information concerning the treatment of IDA.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will:
• Have increased knowledge regarding the differential diagnosis of EGIDs
○ Safety data for different iron formulations
• Have greater competence related to
○ Developing tailored strategies for the treatment of IDA
○ Timely management of adverse events (AEs) related to intravenous (IV) iron
• Demonstrate greater confidence in their ability to
○ Develop collaborative care models to provide evidence-based care for patients with IDA
- CME : 0.5
- MOC : 0.5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine