Elders and Their Care Today Course
Elders and Their Care Today Course is organized by ATrain Education, Inc.
Course Expires: 08/01/2021
10.00 Contact hours
Elders and Their Care Today has been pre-approved by CCMC to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for 10 CE contact hours. Activity code: H00040693, Approval Number: 200135601.
This 10 contact hour course provides a thorough overview of the effects of aging and appropriate responses to the issues arising from advancing age. It discusses healthy aging, models of care, and legislation that supports older adults. It provides information about how our bodies age, risks associated with falls and orthopedic injuries, and describes the different types of dementia and its effects on families and caregivers. It concludes with a description of the different kinds of elder abuse and examines end-of-life issues.
The following course information applies to occupational therapy professionals:
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Content Focus: Category 1—Domain of OT, Client Factors
Category 2—Occupational Therapy Process, Outcomes
When you finish this course you will be able to:
• Explain 2 ways in which ageism impacts healthy aging.
• Identify the health disparities of 4 ethnic groups of older Americans.
• Name 3 pieces of critical legislation in support of the elder population.
• Summarize 4 models of elder care.
• Summarize age-related changes for 5 of the body systems.
• Explain 3 types of dementia.
• Name 3 components of a health assessment for an older adult.
• Identify 5 risks for falls and how they can be prevented.
• List 3 ways of preventing inadvertent polypharmacy and drug misuse in elders.
• State 8 tips for preventing elder abuse.
• Examine 2 end-of-life care options related to advance directives.
• Describe 4 obstacles to optimal caregiving in older adults’ lives.
- Contact Hours : 10
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine