Asthma: Approaches to Treatment and New Therapies is organized by Alaska Pharmacists Association (AKPhA). This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.5 CPE hours.
Release Date: 11/15/16
Expiration Date: 11/15/19
The goal of this lesson is to provide an overview of asthma, including signs, symptoms, types and classification, review of guideline-based therapy, and discussion of recently approved therapies for asthma.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• demonstrate an understanding of the pathophysiology resulting in asthma symptomatology;
• recognize the stages of asthma based on patient symptoms and the pharmacological treatment recommended at each stage;
• identify new treatments that have recently been approved for asthma management;
• describe adverse effects, safety concerns, and key counseling points associated with each inhaler used in asthma management; and
• demonstrate an understanding of nonpharmacological interventions used to help manage asthma and the role of the pharmacist.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Asthma Clinical Immunology