Adrenal Hemorrhage in Neonates: Unusual Presentation; Respiratory Development and Respiratory Distress Syndrome; Pharmacologic Management of Neonatal Seizures is organized by Academy of Neonatal Nursing (ANN). This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 3.00 Contact Hours and 1.00 - Rx.
Release Date: July/August 2015
Review Date: August 2018
Expiration Date: August 31, 2020
Upon completion, learners will be able to:
• Describe the etiology of neonatal adrenal hemorrhage (AH).
• Discuss the presentation and diagnosis of AH.
• Outline the management of AH.
• Outline the steps in the embryologic development of the lungs.
• Describe the pathophysiology of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS).
• Identify the signs and symptoms of RDS.
• Discuss the management of RDS.
• List common causes of neonatal seizures.
• Describe the symptoms of seizures expressed by neonates.
• Outline the tests used in the diagnosis of neonatal seizures.
• Discuss the antiseizure medications as to their indications, effectiveness, and side effects.
All neonatal nurses