Credit Hour : 8
76 Typical Therapy Mistakes: A Workbook for Psychotherapists is organized by Genesis Continuing Education (CE) Group.
• CE Credit Hours: 8
76 TYPICAL THERAPY MISTAKES is a workbook for psychotherapists of all types, providing them with an instructive as well as entertaining way to avoid the common pitfalls of practicing psychotherapy. It is based on actual research on the typical mistakes therapists have made through the years.
This practical book, written by a noted New York psychoanalyst, contains 76 teaching tales that cover all the typical mistakes therapists are prone to making. Each tale is followed by questions for readers to answer, and then an explanation of how the therapist went wrong and what he should have done. Readers can compare the author's solutions to their own to come up with the best interventions for them.
Written in a concise and witty style, the tales include 'The Therapist Who Was Disgusted by Penises,' 'The Gay Therapist and the Handsome Brute,' 'The Grandiose Group Therapist,' 'The Therapist Who Craved Love,' and 'The Woman's Therapist.' The Workbook, which contains a helpful introduction on Types of Therapy Mistakes, is sure to become a standard in the field.
Upon completion of this course, the clinician will be able to:
• Identify the typical mistakes they will be confronted with in their practices.
• Explain how their countertransference contributes to their mistakes.
• Discuss how their counter resistance contributes to their mistakes.
• Describe what feelings a client provokes and what they say about their client's needs.
• Apply the appropriate intervention to use with each particular patient, preventing potential errors.
• Critique the mistakes they most often make, and the skills to handle them better.
• Utilize a reference book for managing difficult cases.
• Revise a treatment plan as new data is presented by the client.
• Predict in what ways clients will attempt to manipulate the clinician.
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine