Credit Hour : 17
12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos is organized by Genesis Continuing Education (CE) Group.
• CE Credit Hours: 17
In this book, Jordan B. Peterson provides twelve profound and practical principles for how to live a meaningful life, from setting your house in order before criticizing others to comparing yourself to who you were yesterday, not someone else today. Happiness is not the goal, he shows us. Instead we must search for meaning, not for its own sake, but as a defense against the suffering that is always a part of our existence. Drawing on vivid examples from his clinical practice and personal life, cutting-edge psychology and philosophy, and lessons from humanity’s oldest myths and stories, Dr. Peterson takes the reader on an intellectual journey like no other. Gripping, thought-provoking and deeply rewarding, 12 Rules for Life offers an antidote to the chaos in our lives: eternal truths applied to our modern problems.
Acclaimed clinical psychologist, Jordan B. Peterson has become one of the world’s most influential public thinkers, first with his lectures on topics from the Bible to romantic relationships to mythology drawing tens of millions of viewers online, and now as a major bestselling author. In an era of unprecedented change and polarizing politics, his frank and refreshing message about the value of individual responsibility and ancient wisdom has resonated around the world.
Upon completion of this course, the clinician will be able to:
• Participants will gain a deeper understanding of and be able to explain, what it means to live a meaningful life, according to Peterson’s philosophy.
• Participants will be able to list and explain Peterson’s proposed 12 rules for life.
• Participants will be able to articulate the difference between searching for happiness and searching for meaning, and identify specific ways that one can work toward the latter.
• Participants will be able to apply historical and eternal truths to modern problems, such as the current gender debate.
• Participants will be able to compare and contrast ideological theories and mythologies and discuss their current applicability to modern day issues and politics.
• Participants will be able to apply practical behavioral steps that they can take to better themselves.
• Participants will be able to discuss and teach others what Peterson means when he says, 'Be precise in your speech.'
• Participants will be able to tell others what is the point Peterson is making with a 'Rule for Life' such as, 'Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.'
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine