Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA) 33rd Annual Meeting is organized by Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA) and would be held during Oct 11 - 14, 2017 at Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The target audience for this medical event for PAs and NPs who are early on in their careers or experience of treating orthopaedic trauma while practicing in general orthopaedics, taking acute orthopaedic call with inpatient / outpatient or caring for orthopaedic injuries in ER/UC/General Trauma services. This cme conference has been approved with a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Learning Objectives are :
Attendees of the Orthopaedic Trauma for PAs and NPs course will:
• Discuss compartment syndrome monitoring and treatment options.
• Discuss recognition of open fracture patterns and initial stabilization.
• Discuss incidence of osteoporosis, at risk patient populations, their evaluation and treatment.
• Review concepts of primary and secondary bone healing.
• Recognize fracture patterns to optimize provisional and definitive fixation.
• Identify pediatric elbow fracture types with indications for operative vs. non–operative treatment.
• Understand best practices in perioperative infection risk management.
• Review fixation techniques and indications for fracture stabilization.
• Discuss current advances in treatment of clavicle and proximal humerus fractures.
• Review the known intraoperative and post–operative complications of various techniques for amputations.
• Identify and review various surgical approaches, multiple implant/fixation options, and controversies in managing hindfoot injuries.
• Identify and review various surgical approaches, multiple implant/ fixation options, and controversies in managing ankle injuries.
Additional Details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(847) 698-1631,
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|OTA Member - Early Fee||01 Oct,2017||USD 250.00|
|Non-Member - Early Fee||01 Oct,2017||USD 750.00|
|Non-Member Medical Resident/fellow - Early Fee||01 Oct,2017||USD 450.00|
|Non-Member Helath Care Professional - Early Fee||01 Oct,2017||USD 450.00|