Telomere function and evolution in health and disease is organized by European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) and will be held from Sep 26 - Oct 01, 2022, at Aqualuz Troia Mar & Rio Hotel by The Editory, Troia, Coímbra, Portugal.
The specialized structure of telomeres protects the ends and chromosomes of linear chromosomes within eukaryotes. This area of research has shown that telomere maintenance is crucial for stem cell function, and normal tissue homeostasis, and is also used in cancers to achieve cellular immortality. The EMBO Workshop will focus on the most recent advances in telomere biology, including its role in organism homeostasis, disease, and their impact on ecology, evolution, and ecology. This Workshop provides a forum for open discussion and will encourage new collaborations between clinicians and discovery scientists. It also offers a safe environment for young researchers to explore this dynamic area of science.
The following topics will be covered:
• Structure of telomeres
• Transcribing and telomeric chromatin
• Telomere regulation and telomerase regulation
• Mechanisms to counter replication stress and damage at the telomeres
• Telomere dysfunction: The consequences
• Telomeropathies: Pathogenesis and therapeutic perspectives
• Evolution and Telomere ecology
Toll free Number
Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes +1 More
Credit Hour 3
Sonography +2 More