A Case Based Approach to Mastering the Mitral Valve: Imaging, Innovation, and Intervention is organized by Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education and will be held from Dec 02 - 03, 2022 at JW Marriott Essex House New York, New York City, New York, United States of America.
Mitral valve assessment, diagnosis, and treatment are rapidly evolving disciplines highlighted by innovations in techniques, devices, and imaging. These developments have altered the clinical practice framework for approaching mitral disease quantification and treatments resulting in some confusion regarding the best management strategies. Further, the volume and complexity of the published data make it difficult for busy practitioners to remain up to date on their knowledge and practice. This educational activity will provide key insights into how to achieve excellent outcomes through best practice management and the selection and execution of surgical and interventional techniques.
By attending, participants will be able to:
• Interpret recent updates to guidelines and recommended best practices for the management of mitral valve disease
• Apply the use of multimodality imaging to assess and manage patients with mitral valve disease
• Discuss the most up-to-date evidence on mitral valve interventions and apply the data to specific patient populations with mitral valve disease
• Describe the natural history of the mitral disease, diagnostic imaging, and treatment modalities in the lifelong management of valvular heart disease
• Recognize the importance of diagnosing and managing patients with tricuspid regurgitation
• Discuss the difficulties in managing patients with severe calcific mitral disease
• Employ strategies in managing anticoagulation in patients with valvular heart disease
• Recognize the dilemmas in managing nonagenarian patients presenting with mitral disease
Additional details will be provided as soon as possible.
In support of improving patient care, Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physicians / American Medical Association (AMA)
Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants claiming CME credit from this activity may submit the credit hours to the American Osteopathic Association for Category 2 credit.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.00 ANCC contact hours.
American Academy of PAs (AAPA)
Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 12.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Toll free Number
Cardiology +1 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 20
Emergency Medicine +1 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 20
Cardiology +2 More