Introduction to Obstetric Ultrasound - 2 Day Course is organized by the Australian Institute of Ultrasound (AIU) and will be held from Aug 17 - 18, 2022 at the Australian Institute of Ultrasound, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
The target audience for this two-day course is medical practitioners interested in point-of-care obstetric ultrasonography. Also included is hands-on scanning with volunteers of various gestations.
• System orientation and probe manipulation techniques
• Early pregnancy assessment
• Transabdominal and transvaginal techniques
• Third Trimester-
• Identifying the cervix & placental location
• Fetal location and lie
• Fetal Biometry
• Amniotic Fluid Index (AFI)
• Cord Doppler
Course Objectives :
In order to complete this enlightening course participants will be better able to:
• Recognize and inspect any intrauterine pregnancy that has a heartbeat
• List the signs of a failed pregnancy
• Describe pregnancy of unknown location
• Commence scanning on transvaginal phantoms
• Identify & measure the cervix length
• Identify & examine the placenta
• Describe several pathologies and variations of the placenta, cord, and cervix
• Discuss translabial scanning
• Establish fetal lie and locate fetal structures
• Identify & record cardiac activity
• Pulsed Wave ( > 12 weeks)
• Finding the proper planar anatomy and measuring the foetal biometry (BPD, HC, AC & FL & EFW)
• Identify signs of fetal wellbeing
• Scan & measure the Amniotic Fluid Index
• Scan & measure the umbilical artery cord Doppler
• Understand the fundamentals of point-of-care ultrasonography and when to refer the patient to another provider.
ASUM | CCPU units included in the course:
Basic Early Pregnancy
Basic Monitoring the Fetus (2nd and 3rd Trimester)
ACRRM | This course is approved for 16 total activity hours. PDP units: 1 Performance Review, 15 Educational Activity. MOPS points: 1. Grant eligibility: Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Surgery.
RACGP | This course is an RACGP CPD Accredited Activity 40 CPD Program points in 2020-22 Triennium. RACGP ID 192279.
RANZCOG | Approved for RANZCOG Trainees for FRANZCOG training.
Toll free Number
Radiology +3 More