Heartsaver First Aid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Skills Session is organized by Exemplar Education and Consulting LLC and will be held on Oct 01, 2022, at Exemplar Education and Consulting LLC, Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America.
AHA's Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course was updated to reflect the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR/Emergency Cardiovascular Care and the 2015 American Heart Association/American Red Cross Update for First Aid. This course prepares students to perform first aid, CPR and use an AED in an efficient, safe and timely manner.
Students receive a Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED certificate after completing both the online and hands-on portions of the course. There is a two-year validity period on this card.
After completing this didactic course participants will be better able:
• Explain how CPR of high quality can improve survival
• Provide an overview of the Chain of Survival concept
• Recognize the signs that someone requires CPR
• Adults can be given high-quality CPR.
• Explain how to do CPR with the help of others
• Use a mask or mouth-to-mouth technique to give effective breaths for all ages
• Show how to use an AED in an adult setting
• Provide high-quality CPR to a child
• Show how to use an AED with a child
• Provide high-quality CPR to an infant
• Please describe when and how you can help a child or adult who is choking.
• Show how to help a baby who is choking
• List the roles and priorities of first aid rescuers
• List the essential steps of first aid
• Take off protective gloves
• Find the issue
• Discuss the first aid and assessment for the life-threatening conditions of heart attack, difficulty breathing and choking.
• Use an epinephrine pen
• Bandaging and controlling bleeding
• Recognize common injuries
• Recognize common symptoms
• How to find information about preventing injury and illness
• Understand the legal issues that first aid can pose.