Clinical Research Nursing (CRN) Conference 2022 is organized by the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA), Inc. and will be held from May 19 - 20, 2022 at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, Newport Beach, California, United States of America.
The Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) recognizes the continuing need for education for Clinical Research Professionals responsible for the activities at the research site or institution. The purpose is to describe and define essential functions of the clinical research nurse with consideration of the recently released ANA Scope and Standards of practice for Clinical Research Nursing. Clinical Research Nurses practice in a variety of clinical research settings, including serving as a bedside clinical research nurse, clinical research manager at a site, clinical research associate for a sponsor, or nurse researcher who is developing protocols and overseeing his/her own research.
This program is not only applicable to those currently serving as clinical research nurses but also to those who are considering becoming a clinical research nurse, including nurses practicing in clinical areas and clinical research staff who are not nurses but are thinking of returning to school to obtain a nursing degree. This program contains a wealth of knowledge and can also benefit clinical research staff and managers from all educational backgrounds who are interested in advancing their understanding of this program’s content.
The goal will be accomplished through lecture and practical application facilitated by clinical research professionals with extensive experience in nursing, education and clinical research administration and management. Information will be presented and discussed regarding the American Nurses Association (ANA) scopes and standards of practice for clinical research nurses. This program will address the unique challenges clinical research nurses face regarding the administration of clinical research and the care for patients.
Upon completion of this course the attendee should be able to:
• Discuss the key components of the Domains of Clinical Research Nursing Practice
• Identify the necessary skills that embody the core attributes of a clinical research nurse
• Discuss the dimensions of practice for the CRN including; Human Subjects Protection, Care Coordination and Continuity, Contribution to Science in general and Nursing Science/Practice, Clinical Practice, and Study Management
• Apply concepts, regulations, and tools that will promote the safe and ethical conduct of research
• Discuss a variety of communication styles and employ effective navigation of study teams
• Discuss strategies to facilitate an efficient study team
• Discuss various roles and practice environments of nurses in research and clinical research
• Discuss the role of the clinical research nurse as research participant advocates
• Discuss approaches to increasing the quality of the informed consent discussion
• Discuss the role of the CRN in human subjects protection and ethical considerations
• Discuss ways to build infrastructure and operational practices for clinical research units
• Discuss financial considerations and approaches to working with study budgets
• Discuss best practices related to budgeting and financial management of the entire clinical research study lifecycle
• Discuss current trends and issues in Clinical Research Nursing