Unravelling Strength and Conditioning for Therapists 2021
Unraveling Strength and Conditioning for Therapists is organized by the National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE) This onsite medical conference will be held from Jan 16 - 17, 2021 at Hermitage Medical Clinic, Dublin, Leinster, Ireland.
Who Will Benefit:
This course will involve a mixture of practical and theory.
Suitable for clinicians working in physical rehabilitation/pain management settings including Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Nurses, Counsellors, Psychologists, Dieticians, and Doctors.
CPD Hours: 15
This intensive 2-day course will furnish you with an introduction to how S&C can modify your prevailing practice both with athletic and non-athletic patients.
• Knowing the fundamental principles of S&C & how you can implement these into early, mid, and late-stage rehab (from post-op to pole vault...if that's your sport)
• Why exercise prescription is more than just 3 sets of 10.
• Methods to recognize the correct strength-training goal for your patients (& not just the sporty ones).
• Explain the biomechanics of strength training (This is more fun than it looks, I promise)
• How you can customize exercise programs for pathological conditions & get better, faster results (including guidelines on return to sport).
• How to develop your patient's strength without hypertrophy or needing a gym membership.
• Why rest intervals during strength training are so important for the recovery of the nervous system & how manipulating this can affect the quality of your exercise program.
• The contrast between strength and power movements & why knowing the difference is essential in return to sport from injury.
• Why adjusting load is the key to managing overuse injuries & why light load can sometimes be not as effective as a heavy load.
• Why fundamental movement patterns are essential for all your patients.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CPD Hours : 15
Hermitage Medical Clinic
Lucan Rd Old, Fonthill
Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
At Nominal Fares
Find Low Cost
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine