Topics in Family Medicine, Integrative Medicine, and Rheumatology
Topics in Family Medicine, Integrative Medicine, and Rheumatology is organized by Continuing Education, Inc. and will be held from Jun 04 - 11, 2021 at Celebrity Solstice, Seattle, Washington, United States of America.
Target Audience: Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists
Credit Designation for Physicians:
Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Credit Designation for Nurses:
Continuiung Education, Inc. designates this continuing nursing education activity for 16 contact hours.
Credit Designation for Pharmacists:
This knowledge-based activity is approved for 16 hours of pharmacy continuing education credit.
Attendees will have the opportunity to explore conventional Family Medicine topics from an Integrative perspective. We will evaluate the evidence for supplements and Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) interventions as they pertain to these topics. Important lifestyle factors will be defined and methods to motivate patients into making changes will be outline.
• Pesky Perimenopausal Problems
○ Identify and treat common patient complaints related to perimenopause.
○ Conventional and Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) therapies will be discussed.
• Digital Device Disease
○ Identify and explore the current issues with device and internet addiction and how it effects our health.
○ Participants will be able to create a treatment plan.
• Weight Loss Updates
○ Identify the data on the different novel diets and trends in weght loss and in how to counsel and get patients started.
• Complementary Alternative Medicine and Meditation: Combing through the Evidence
○ Identify at least four types of CAM and illustrate which specific medical conditions they are best suited to treat.
• Joy: helping patients find the yellow brick road to health
○ Apply motivational interviewing skills in their practice and illustrate how helping a patient change their perspective on health issues can have profound effects on quality of life.
• Insomnia Updates
○ Recognize and define the types of sleep disorders and be able to offer conventional and CAM treatment options.
• Family Planning and Contraception
○ Recognize when contraception should be discussed and be able to describe all of the options available as well as their pros and cons.
• Flu and Common Cold Integrative Care
○ Identify and utilize common supplements and herbs that are proven to be effective anti-virals Additional topics under development
- Contact Hours : 16
- CME : 16
- Hours : 16
- Credits : 16
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine