The Difficult Airway Course: Critical Care is organized by Airway Management Education Center (AMEC). This Onsite medical conference will be held from Mar 19 - 21, 2021 at Hyatt Regency Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 21 CME Credits.
The Difficult Airway Course: Critical Care is designed for providers who care for acutely ill in-patients, including Critical Care Specialists, Intensivists, Hospitalists, Respiratory Therapists, and Critical Care Transport providers.
The Difficult Airway Course: Critical Care™ is an advanced course intended for intensivists and for hospitalists who are qualified for emergency airway management of acute inpatients. Guided by a world-class faculty of airway experts, The Difficult Airway Course: Critical Care™ focuses solely on the airway challenges posed by critically ill inpatients. The course features airway assessment and decision-making to build within course attendees the capacity to handle all airway situations they encounter — and to do so with great confidence. Participants practice the most essential skills and strengthen their learning with Code Airway™ simulations. We encourage all members of the critical care team to join us for this intensive educational experience.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Get a clear conceptual structure for Difficult Airway management in the critical care and inpatient setting.
• Have a speedy and systematic approach for the management of the difficult and failed airway.
• Be accustomed to the devices and techniques needed to manage the difficult and failed airway; and when and how to use them.
• Be able to make a cricothyrotomy.
• Be able to assess and manage difficult airway extubation.
Setting the Standard:
Highlights of this intensive Course include:
• How to predict a difficult airway
• How to prevent a failed airway
• When — and when NOT — to use medication
• How to perform an awake intubation
• Tube exchange and extubation of the difficult airway
• Front of neck access/cricothyrotomy
• Practical strategies in crisis management and human factors
• Hands-on practice with proven airway devices, including video laryngoscopy
• Code Airway™ stations
• Preparation for challenging acute inpatient scenarios, including:
○ Upper airway obstruction
○ Airway management in the massively obese patient
○ Tracheostomy issues, including accidental dislodgement
○ An agitated hemodynamically unstable patient who self-extubates
○ The bleeding, traumatized, and vomit-filled airway
○ The can’t intubate/can’t ventilate situation
• Instruction by a world-class faculty of airway experts
• dynamic and interactive learning environment
Hands-On Training in Crucial Airway Techniques:
• Percutaneous and surgical cricothyrotomy
• Direct laryngoscopy and Video laryngoscopy
• Flexible bronchoscopy and laryngeal mask ventilation
• Optically enhanced laryngoscopy
• Extraglottic devices
• Awake intubation
• Flexible endoscopic intubation
• Pediatric airway skills
• Techniques for the obese patient
• and more!
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Course Tuition Fee||18 Mar,2021||USD 1,500.00|
|Gold Rate Tution (For Physician Assistants, Advanced Practice Nurses, Nurses||18 Mar,2021||USD 1,200.00|
|Silver Rate Tuition (For Residents, Fellows, and Schumacher Clinical Partners Medical Staff) Fee||18 Mar,2021||USD 1,100.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news