Robotics: Basic Surgical Course (May 03 - 06, 2021)
Robotics: Basic Surgical Course is organized by AdventHealth Nicholson Center and will be held from May 03 - 06, 2021 at AdventHealth Nicholson Center, Orlando, Florida, United States of America. This Live Conference has been approved for a maximum of 38 CME.
Specialties - Surgery (All)
• AdventHealth Orlando designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 38.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (38.00 hours)
The 4-day comprehensive Basic Robotic Training Course utilizes a blended training experience that will focus on:
• Defining robotic surgical platform components, features, setup requirements, and troubleshooting measures.
• Developing the psychomotor skills required to safely operate robotic surgical platforms.
• Demonstrating how robotic surgical platforms are integrated into the operating room setting and how platforms can be best utilized in clinical practice.
• Developing clinical efficiency through comprehensive team training.
During this program, your experience will include; discussions on robotic surgical technology, human factors associated with robotic surgery, surgical skills evaluation tools for robotics, robotic surgical platform training, hands-on time simulation, wet & dry lab experiences, surgical case observation, and competency development in the skills required to safely operate the Intuitive Surgical daVinci Robot.
The course will also include; developing efficiencies within the healthcare team and extensive evaluation of your skills during the course and includes a comprehensive follow-up evaluation following the course to ensure you are making the most out of your training. This training is available for surgeons, fellows, and residents that are interested in safely transitioning learning into practice and developing competency in robotic surgical skills.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
• Identify the specific robotic platform components, settings, and features required to safely utilize and operate the robotic surgical platform.
• Demonstrate the proper robotic platform pre-operative setup, troubleshooting measures, and emergency procedures required to safely operate the robotic surgical platform.
• Demonstrate competency in the following core robotic psychomotor skills; Endowrist Manipulation, Camera Navigation, Instrument Clutching, 4th Arm Application, Energy Application, Needle Driving, Surgical Knot Tying, and Suturing.
• Demonstrate competency in the basic skills required for the surgical 1st assistant to include; Camera Navigation, Instrument Insertion, Item Hand-Off’s & Transfers, Cutting, Retraction, Suctioning, Irrigating, Energy Application, and Hemoclip Application.
• Recognize the roles and responsibilities of each robotic surgical team member and competently perform the proper setup of the robotic surgical platform for a surgical procedure.
- CME : 38
- Hours : 38
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education