Physician Medical Weight Loss Training (Jun 13, 2021)
Physician Medical Weight Loss Training is organized by Empire Medical Training (EMT), Inc and will be held on Jun 13, 2021 at Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America.
This activity designed to meet the educational needs of physicians, physician assistants, nurses and other healthcare professionals interested in effective weight loss treatments for patients.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and Empire Medical Training. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AKH, Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This activity is awarded 5 Contact Hours.
This course is very detailed and comprehensive providing you with instruction on the specific FDA pharmaceutical weight loss protocols, hormonal protocols, bariatric protocols, and other effective weight loss treatments dependent upon medical necessity and overall patient health.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
• Effectively administer weight management services, avoiding health risks and complications to patients for optimal patient outcomes
• Apply evidence-based protocols and integrative approaches to maximize patient outcomes within a primary care practice.
• Continually assess and evaluate the patient throughout the continuum of the weight loss program from initial screening, interpretation of lab results and baseline charting to compliance follow-up issues, medications and supplements.
• Identify the appropriate weight loss regimen for the unique patient based on history, co-morbidities, patient expectations and potential health risks.
• Educate the patient about the risks of obesity with its potential complications and the choice of different weight loss protocols available, allowing the patient to enter into the weight management program as an informed team member working towards a personal realistic goal.
- CME : 5
- Contact Hours : 5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine