Pediatrics, Pediatric Hospital Medicine, and Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics 2021
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A CURRENTLY ACTIVE PROGRAM.
Pediatrics, Pediatric Hospital Medicine, and Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics is organized by Continuing Education, Inc. This Onsite medical conference will be held from Jan 16 - 23, 2021 at NCL'S Pride of America, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Pediatricians
• 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• 14 ACPE Credits
• 14 CE Credits for Psychologists
• 14 ASWB ACE Credits
• 14 MOC (Part II) points in the American Board of Pediatrics' (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
• 14.0 Contact Hours
• 4½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Up to 20% of children in the United States have a developmental, behavioral, or emotional turmoil at any given time, as described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition. Between 37% and 39% of children will have a developmental, behavioral, or emotional dysfunction diagnosed by 16 years of age, regardless of geographic location in the United States.
Prevalence rates of Autism Spectrum Disorder are currently estimated to be 1:59 and have proceeded to rise. These talks are intended to update providers on some of the most prevalent neurodevelopmental disorders facing children today including ADHD, ASD, and anxiety, and render practical direction to include office-based procedures that involve screening children for developmental, behavioral, and emotional problems, along with the social determinants of health and presenting brief counseling and management. Lastly, these talks are intended to assist pediatric providers to gain comfort and skill in offering psychotropic prescriptions to children for problems including ASD, ADHD, and anxiety disorders.
The medical conference will afford an overview of important pathologies seen commonly in Pediatric Hospital Medicine. It will empower the learners to gain skills that will allow them to manage illness in hospitalized children and to intervene in clinical scenarios commonly faced. The learner will be able to diagnose sepsis early and intervene appropriately.
The respondent will obtain a basic knowledge of asthma and how to treat it. The learner will obtain the required tools to treat DKA effectively. Moreover, controversial topics such as vaccinations and ethics will be included and explored. We will also examine the guidelines for when the lumbar puncture is designated. Lastly, the topic of Kawasaki Disease will be covered.
• ADHD update
○ Employ behavioral screening devices to recognize children with behavior and emotional problems
○ Incorporate the evidence-based approaches to diagnose and treat children with ADHD including the aid of psychotropic medication
• ASD update
○ Utilize the screening to recognize the children with possible ASD
○ Illustrate the extended comfort in managing children with ASD in primary care settings
○ Describe increased comfort in prescribing psychotropic medications for children with ASD
• Proofbased-positive parenting: Developing positive behaviors
○ Employ the evidence-based positive parenting approaches as a part of routine well-child care
○ Distinguish specific places during the well-child visit to include discussion of evidence-based positive parenting strategies.
• Evidence based-positive parenting: Managing challenging behaviors
○ Employ evidence-based positive parenting approaches as a part of routine well-child care
○ Recognize specific places during the well-child visit to include discussion of evidence-based positive parenting strategies.
• Office-Based Strategies to Help Anxious Children
○ Optimized techniques that can be utilized in the office to work with parents of anxious children
○ Distinguish office-based strategies to help children cope with anxiety
• Pathophysiology and Treatment of Sepsis
○ Enter the prevailing treatment goals for sepsis to be delivered in the early hours of therapy.
• Vaccine-preventable Illnesses and their clinical manifestations
○ Explain the clinical manifestations of various vaccine-preventable illnesses.
• Severe Asthma Management: From Home to the Hospital
○ Prepare the most significant treatments for severe asthma.
• Ethical Issues in Pediatric Hospital Medicine
○ Address relevant ethical issues commonly encountered in the Pediatric Hospital Medicine
• Endocrine Emergencies: Case Studies in DKA, Thyroid Storm, and Adrenal Insufficiency.
○ Explain the appropriate management of endocrine emergencies in the PICU.
• To Tap or Not to Tap? That is the Question
- CME : 14
- MOC : 14
- CE Credits : 14
- Contact Hours : 14
- Credits : 14
NCL'S Pride of America
7-Night Hawaii Cruise, Round-trip, Oahu
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
At Nominal Fares
Find Low Cost
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine