Palin Parent-Child Interaction for Children Under 7 is organized by the National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE). This Onsite medical conference will be held from Mar 22 - 23, 2021 at London Road Community Hospital, Derby, England, United Kingdom. This course has been approved for a maximum of CPD 13 hours.
Palin Parent-Child Interaction therapy is an immediate intervention method that was outlined for stammering and has been adapted for use with children with other speech and language needs, as well as with children and other adults e.g. education staff/carers. The exchangeable skills taught in this CME conference will comprise engaging parents in the management and therapy process; communicating complex and/or sensitive information to parents; using video feedback to develop parents' confidence and skills; and inscribing wider child management issues with parents, e.g. emotional, behavioral issues. These skills are relevant to a wide range of clinical contexts and caseloads.
The mission of this two-day workshop is to enhance speech and language therapists' knowledge and skills in evaluating and recognizing those children who are at risk of more determined problems, as well as in the treatment of early stammering. The course will address the assessment and management of this age group and is probably suitable for children up to 7 years of age. The workshop will be assisted by video demonstrations of therapy at the Michael Palin Centre as well as skills practice and discussion.
This two-day conference has been sponsored, as a result, all participants will receive a FREE manual to maximize their training experience.
• Be familiar with a screening device to determine care pathways for children who stammer
• Be familiar with an evaluation protocol for children under seven who stammer
• Be familiar with the structure and content of Palin Parent-Child Interaction (Palin PCI) therapy
• Be more knowledgeable on assessing and treating children under seven who stammer
• A Multifactorial Model of Stammering
• A brief research update - current research into the factors contributing to stammering; risk factors for young children who stammer; interaction styles & stammering
• A screening device to decide on vulnerability to persistence and appropriate care pathways
• Child Assessment - including brief fluency measurement
• Case history taking and formulation about what contributes to the child's stammering and what the individual child needs
• Principles of Palin PCI
• Palin PCI: Interaction Strategies; using the video in parent-child interaction therapy
• Palin PCI: Family Strategies: building confidence, turn-taking, dealing with feelings.
• Skills in working collaboratively with parents including using parent packs
• Brief summary of the efficacy of Palin PCI studies
• Palin PCI: Child Strategies including direct fluency therapy and managing co-existing speech and language difficulties
• Care Pathways - service delivery for children under seven who stammer in participants' clinical settings
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||21 Mar,2021||GBP 100.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news