Obstetric & Gynaecological Ultrasound - 4 Day Course (Apr 06 - 09, 2021)
Obstetric & Gynaecological Ultrasound - 4 Day Course is organized by Australian Institute of Ultrasound (AIU) and will be held from Apr 06 - 09, 2021 at Australian Institute of Ultrasound, Gold coast, Queensland, Australia.
ACEM | This course accredited for 30 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as complying with ACEM standards and policies for Early Pregnancy (1st trimester) and Monitoring the Foetus (2nd and 3rd trimester).
ACRRM | This course is approved for 27 total activity hours. PDP units: 27 Educational Activity. Grant eligibility: Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Surgery.
RACGP | This course is an RACGP CPD Accredited Activity 40 CPD Program points in 2020-22 Triennium. RACGP ID 192307.
Evaluate all trimesters of pregnancy with a systematic approach to scanning. Acquire, interpret and integrate ultrasound findings into clinical management. Establish viability, identify multiple pregnancies, confirm situs, establish gestational age and monitor the developing fetus. Assess growth and wellbeing. Locate correct planar anatomy & measure fetal biometry, AFI and Doppler. Fine tune your probe manipulation techniques in transabdominal and transvaginal scanning. Fine tune your probe manipulation techniques in transabdominal and transvaginal scanning.Suitable for all health- practioners interested in mastering obstetric ultrasound.
On completion of the course the student should be able to:
• Identify & examine an intrauterine pregnancy with a heartbeat present
• Describe the criteria for failed pregnancy
• Describe pregnancy of unknown location
• Commence scanning on transvaginal phantoms
Monitoring the Fetus (2nd & 3rd Trimester)
• Identify & measure the cervix length
• Identify & examine the placenta
• Describe some placenta, cord & cervix- variants & pathology
• Discuss trans labial scanning
• Establish fetal lie and locate fetal structures
• Identify & record cardiac activity
○ Pulsed Wave ( > 12 weeks)
• Locate correct planar anatomy & measure fetal biometry (BPD, HC, AC & FL & EFW)
• Identify normal fetal anatomy & some abnormal fetal anatomy in the following regions fetal head, heart, abdomen, pelvis, spine & limbs using case based learning and presentations
• Identify signs of fetal wellbeing
• Scan & measure the Amniotic Fluid Index
• Scan & measure the umbilical artery cord Doppler
• Be aware of the limitations of point of care ultrasound and when to on-refer the patient
- CPD Hours : 30
- Hours : 27
- CPD : 40
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine