The Medical Education Resources (MER) will organize the Internal Medicine for Primary Care: Cardio/Neuro/Psych/Rheum at Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa, Kauai, Hawaii, United States of America.
This conference will be held from October 3rd to 7th of 2021.
This conference can also be accessed as Livestream.
This program is targeted to office-based primary care providers and other health professionals with updates in primary care medicine
Upon completion of this program, participants should be better able to:
• Accurately diagnose and treat (pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic) substance abuse, and ADHD in adults
• Discuss mood stabilizing psychosocial and pharmacologic treatments of bipolar disorder as well as frequent co-morbid psychiatric disorders
• Understand risk factors and assess patients at risk for suicide and violence and intervene to make timely referrals to combat hopelessness
• Perform a neurological exam
• Delineate dementia from delirium, as well as the differential diagnosis and treat movement disorders
• Utilize prevention and treatment strategies for cerebrovascular disorders and headaches and migraines
• Differentiate between inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint pain and the differential diagnosis of each category
• Evaluate and treat fibromyalgia, regional pain syndromes, and gout
• Utilize current evidence to design treatment strategies for rheumatoid arthritis
• Describe current diagnostic approaches to hypertension, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, ACS and CAD
• Implement treatment strategies reflective of current evidence based medicine for hypertension, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, ACS and CAD
To provide updates in primary care medicine to office based providers