I.V. Sedation Training for Dentists (Apr 09 - 26, 2021)
I.V. Sedation Training for Dentists is organized by Conscious Sedation Consulting and will be held from Apr 09 - 26, 2021 at TBD, Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America.
This course is designed to prepare the dentist to incorporate intravenous sedation into the dental practice.
We are providing IV dental sedation training for dentist nationally. This IV sedation dentistry course is a comprehensive “mini-residency” and includes a minimum of 60 hours of didactic / classroom education and direct participation in administering IV sedation to 20 - 30 clinical dental cases while being observed. Advanced training in airway management and medical emergencies included. Total CE credits will be approximately 100 hours.
This program is designed to meet and exceed the requirements to obtain a intravenous conscious sedation permit in most states. We encourage you to review your state requirements.
This leading parenteral moderate sedation training program teaches titration to affect with single and multiple sedative drug techniques in a faculty / participant / assisting staff / patient clinical setting.
All necessary equipment, supplies, medications and patients will be provided for sedation training clinical.
• To prepare the dentist to incorporate safe IV sedation administration into practice
• Properly access and obtain appropriate medical history and assessment of patients to determine suitability of moderate sedation
• Understand the regulations and requirements of state legislation / dental boards, to adhere to national standards and guidelines
• To explain and understand agonist-antagonist effects and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly used sedative agents
• To recognize and react to medical emergencies while providing leadership and direction to others involved in resuscitative efforts
• Manage the airway using basic and advanced equipment and techniques
• Effectively utilize monitoring, pharmaceuticals and rescue equipment
Program is over 3 sessions as follows:
• 1 April 9, 10 & 11 (Didactic)
• 2 April 16, 17 & 18 (Didactic)
• 3 April 23, 24 & 25 (Clinical)
- CE Credits : 100
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine