Healthcare Communications & Depression, Anxiety and Borderline Personality Disorders: Strategies for Treatment in Primary Care 2021
Healthcare Communications & Depression, Anxiety, and Borderline Personality Disorders: Strategies for Treatment in Primary Care is organized by Continuing Education, Inc. This Onsite medical conference will be held from Jan 25 - Feb 05, 2021, at Celebrity Constellation, Tampa, Florida, United States of America.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A CURRENTLY ACTIVE PROGRAM.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Psychologists, Social Workers
• 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• 14 ACPE Credits
• 14 CE Credits for Psychologists
• 14 ASWB ACE Credits
• 14.0 Contact Hours
The goal of these sessions is to present updated information and skills practice on topics clinicians encounter on a daily basis in an interprofessional education format. As a result of this activity, attendees will have the knowledge and skills to enhance interpersonal communication with colleagues and patients to improve both patient and team outcomes.
Depression, anxiety, and substance abuse represent the 3 most common presenting problems in mental health. Psychological approaches will be elaborated with the aim not only at increasing clinical understanding and treatment but also to provide a forum for clinical discussion, exchange, and mutual learning experiences. The desired outcome is for participants to feel confident, competent, and relevant to patients with mental health issues.
• Substance Use Disorder - a review of up-to-date, standardized, and precise measuring tools for identifying SUD and the patient's readiness for treatment.
• Better strategies for identification and assessment of Dual diagnosis (patients with mental health issues and SUD's).
• Consequences and prevention of substance abuse and addiction.
• Psychosocial treatment for substance use disorders; Readiness for substance use treatment; Stages of Change Model and Motivational Interviewing.
• Managing patients with dual diagnosis (patients with mental health issues and substance use disorders).
• Clinical presentation, diagnosis, assessment, and psychological l treatment of anxiety disorders.
• Clinical presentation, diagnosis, assessment, and psychological treatment of a major depressive disorder.
• Clinical presentation, diagnosis, assessment, and psychological treatment of Borderline Personality disorder.
• Communication Skills update
○ Describe three new communication tools used when interviewing patients
• Advanced communication skills
○ Apply three tools used for specific communication issues
• Breaking Bad News
○ Demonstrate a six-step communication tool used to discuss bad news
• Motivational Interviewing
○ Demonstrate communication techniques used in motivational interviewing
• End of Life and Advance Care Planning
○ Describe the differences in EOL & ACP and explain them to patients and families
• Leadership and Team communication
○ Identify six leadership styles
○ Substitute techniques to improve communication with colleagues and staff
• Human Trafficking
○ Identify signs of HT
○ Apply communication tools to enhance victim disclosure
• Navigating Difficult conversations
○ Manage conversations when they become uncomfortable or difficult to oneself or others
• Physicians in primary care need up-to-date, standardized and precise measuring tools for identifying SUD and their readiness for treatment
○ To assess levels of substance use in primary care.
• In the last 20 years, physicians seek better strategies of managing Dual diagnosis (patients with mental health issues and SUD's)
○ How to manage a Dual Diagnosis.
• Patient readiness for SUD treatment (or change) is often difficult to assess but is a very important variable in a successful outcome
○ Understand the conditions that facilitate change in addictive behavior? Explain the stages of change model for primary care interventions.
• Depression types and treatment
○ To use the most suitable cognitive-behavioral approaches to the treatment of depression.
• Anxiety Types and treatment
○ To use most suitable cognitive-behavioral approaches to the treatment of anxiety
• Borderline Personality Disorder and Dialectical Behavior Treatment
○ To understand and use the Dialectical Behavioral Approach
Addiction DisordersBehavioral Health
Behavioral HealthHuman Trafficking
Human TraffickingEnd of life care
End of life careAddiction Care
- CME : 14
- CE Credits : 14
- Contact Hours : 14
- Credits : 14
At Nominal Fares
Find Low Cost
Toll free Number
Reviews Given by People
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine