Fetal Heart Screening and Beyond - Live Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held on Nov 13, 2021 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St. petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
Fetal Heart Screening and Beyond Course is designed for Physicians, PA’s, sonographers and other medical professionals who have little or no experience performing and/or interpreting the ultrasound examinations, but have a desire to expand their skills to integrate the use of ultrasound into clinical practice. This program is a structured, comprehensive program using live models and inanimate phantoms for skills training. Physicians may include (but are not limited to) OB-GYN, radiology, emergency medicine, family practice, and primary care.
The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Fetal Heart Screening and Beyond Live Hands On Course is designed for Physicians, PA’s, sonographers and other medical professionals who have little or no experience performing and/or interpreting fetal heart ultrasound examinations, but have a desire to expand their skills to integrate the use of ultrasound into clinical practice. This program is a structured, comprehensive program incorporating lectures, case presentations, and hands-on scanning using live models. Topics are based on AIUM Ultrasound practice guidelines and include fetal cardiac anatomy/circulation, fetal heart screening protocols, scan techniques to obtain the 4-chamber, outflow tract, and 3-vessel trachea views. Basic Doppler fundamentals to incorporate spectral Doppler sample sites and normal waveform characteristics are also included. In addition, The evaluation of fetal heart arrythmias and fetal heart pathology are discussed including multiple case presentations. Taught by leading ultrasound experts, participants will be able to have the confidence to begin integrating the skills learned into clinical practice.
• State the indications and applications for performing fetal heart screening.
• Identify ultrasound anatomy of the fetal heart.
• Demonstrate a routine protocol for a fetal heart screening ultrasound examination.
• Outline Standard Doppler sample sites and normal spectral Doppler characteristics.
• Recognize normal fetal heart rate rhythm and commonly seen arrythmias.
• Identify ultrasound characteristics associated with commonly seen fetal heart pathology.
• Increase the participants’ knowledge to better perform and/or interpret fetal heart screening ultrasound examinations.
• Apply the information discussed in a clinical setting (under supervised conditions until an accepted level of proficiency has been attained).
• Fetal Cardiac Anatomy and Circulation
• Overview of the Fetal Echo
• Doppler Fundamentals
• Evaluation of Fetal Heart Arrhythmias
• Fetal Heart Patholog.