Family Medicine Topics and Essential Non-Clinical Skills for Physicians and Other Healthcare Providers
Family Medicine Topics and Essential Non-Clinical Skills for Physicians and Other Healthcare Providers is organized by Continuing Education, Inc. This Onsite medical conference will be held from Mar 13 - 20, 2021 at Celebrity Apex, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America.
Who should attend?
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists
• 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• 14 ACPE Credits
• 14.0 Contact Hours
• 3 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
The mission of this CME activity is to evaluate and explain the general medical conditions and to offer guidelines for their management and to produce updated guidelines for the prevention of common primary care conditions.
Topics have been chosen to benefit the family physician, general internist, and Advance Practice Professionals in an ambulatory care setting.
• Healthy Lifestyles and the Obesity Epidemic
○ Explain the epidemiology of obesity
○ Consider the role of lifestyle habits in the prevention and management of obesity
• Screening for Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer
○ Discover the variation between primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention.
○ Enumerate the recommended screening tests for breast, colon, and lung cancer and their timing.
○ Specify the recommended guidelines for blood pressure screening, cholesterol screening, and diabetes screening.
• Evidence-based Exercise and Diet options for Cardiovascular Prevention
○ Define the prescribed levels of exercise for adults.
○ Define the most appropriate diet for patients with diabetes or hypertension.
• The Physiologic Basis of a Healthy Diet and Exercise-a primer
○ Present at least three physiologic effects of exercise on human cells
○ Picture three physiologic mechanisms for the impact of fruits and vegetables on health
• Update on Pneumonia Management
○ Explain the most common causes of community-acquired pneumonia.
○ Classify the latest recommended initial empiric treatment of patients with community-acquired pneumonia with or without co-existing morbidities.
• Update on COPD Management
○ Outline the classification of severity of COPD according to symptoms and spirometry values.
○ Identify the recommended initial treatment of patients with COPD according to severity.
• Update on Asthma Management
○ Describe the classification of asthma according to symptoms and spirometry values.
○ Recognize the prescribed initial treatment of patients with asthma for each level of severity.
○ Explain the significant differences between treatment options for asthma and treatment for COPD.
• Education Basics: Goals and objectives.
○ Differentiate between learning goals and objectives and construct a learning objective relevant to their own clinical setting.
• Education Basics: Connecting the learner and the content.
○ Analyze and apply the basic traits of adult learners to the content we want them to master.
• Education Basics: Designing Instruction.
○ Distinguish between the ADDIE and ASSURE models, and select the best approach depending on your goals.
• Connecting Research to Practice: What is research; and what are the building blocks?
○ Define research and identity three basic strategies.
• Connecting Research to Practice: Finding useful research outcomes.
○ Classify processes to discover useful and relevant research outcomes.
• Creating and Managing Teams: What's the Difference Between a Staff and a Team?
○ Differentiate between a staff and a team and discuss strategies to transition from staff to team.
• Creating and Managing Teams: How do Teams Become Self supporting?
○ Describe and explore the roles of climate and culture in the clinical setting and they foster team-based care.
✔End of life care
End of life care
- CME : 14
- Contact Hours : 14
- Credits : 14
7-Night Mexico, Key West & Grand Cayman
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
At Nominal Fares
Find Low Cost
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine