Difficult Extractions for the General Dentist is organized by Oregon Academy of General Dentistry (OAGD) and will be held from Jan 14 - Apr 25, 2021 at OAGDF Center, Tigard, Oregon, United States of America.
• Thursday, Jan 14, 2021: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (Lecture)
• Friday, Jan 15, 2021: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (Hands-On)
• Saturday, Jan 16, 2021: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (Hands-On)
• Sunday, Apr 25, 2021: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (Case Presentations)
• Day 1 - Lecture only: 8 Lecture Credit Hours
• Day 1 & 2 - Lecture and Hands-On: 16 Participation Credit Hours
• Day 1, 2, & 3 - Lecture, Hands-On, and Patient: 24 Participation Credit Hours
• All 4 days - Lecture, Hands-On, Patient, and Protocol Activity: 48 Participation Credit Hours
Many extractions look easy on a radiograph but can quickly become difficult, time consuming, and lead to a variety of complications. Build your confidence by learning the newest and best techniques for surgical extractions while conserving bone for future implant or bridge placement. The course emphasis is on exodontia, including both difficult and third molar extractions and the prevention/management of complications, but also covers dento-alveolar procedures.
Session Day 1: Participants will attend lecture presentation detailing theory and practice for all extractions from easy to difficult and third molar removal.
Session Day 2: Practice the following procedures on life-like dentoform models specially designed by Dr. Koerner: surgical extractions (including sectioning of upper/lower molars), multiple extractions, root retrieval from dense bone, alveoplasty, preventing a root from entering the maxillary sinus, socket grafting without primary closure, suturing, moderate third molar impactions, I&D, frenectomy, and excisional biopsy.
Session Days 3: *Participants will perform procedures on live patients and participate in group pre-op case presentations and post op debriefing.
Protocol Activity: Participants will choose between several types of cases to be performed in their own office, documented photographically and then presented on April 25, 2021 to the course participants and faculty. *Participants are expected to find their own patients.
• Quickly and easily perform “surgical” extractions
• Learn to prevent and/or manage complications that might occur during oral surgery procedures such as bleeding or sinus exposure
• Identify easy cases you can do and more difficult ones which will require referral
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Lecture only: Non-AGD Member Fee||24 Apr,2021||USD 375.00|
|Lecture only: AGD Member Fee||24 Apr,2021||USD 295.00|
|Lecture and hands-on: Non-AGD Member Fee||24 Apr,2021||USD 1,095.00|
|Lecture and hands-on: AGD Member Fee||24 Apr,2021||USD 895.00|
|Lecture, hands-on, patient: Non-AGD Member Fee||24 Apr,2021||USD 1,995.00|
|Lecture, hands-on, patient: AGD Member Fee||24 Apr,2021||USD 1,695.00|
|Lecture, hands-on, patient and protocol activity: Non-AGD Member Fee||24 Apr,2021||USD 2,695.00|
|Lecture, hands-on, patient and protocol activity: AGD Member Fee||24 Apr,2021||USD 2,295.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news