Critical Care: The Team Approach (Oct 25 - 28, 2021)
Critical Care: The Team Approach is organized by Northwest Seminars (NWS) and will be held from Oct 25 - 28, 2021 at Wynn Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America.
This course is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and all other medical care providers who must maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the critical care specialty or are impacted by it.
The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NWS is an approved provider for the following state nursing boards: Arkansas State Board of Nursing (Provider Number 50-7480), California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider Number 4833), District of Columbia Board of Nursing (Provider Number 50-7480), Florida Board of Nursing (Provider Number 50-7480), Georgia Board of Nursing (Provider Number 50-7480), and the South Carolina Board of Nursing (Provider Number 50-7480). This program offers 20 contact hours.
The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 20 hours of Category I credit for completing this program.
This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
The practitioner of critical care medicine must possess the scientific background for clinical practice; maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of not only the specialty, but also of all additional related disciplines which may impact it; maintain an up-to-the-minute armamentarium of knowledge and skills for the selection and use of complex equipment, pharmacological agents, and procedures necessary for the provision of quality patient care; manage self and colleagues to function toward common goals in the clinical setting, clinical and educational institutions, and the community in which the practice resides; serve as an expert in matters involving health care delivery; serve as an informed manager of clinical and educational services provided, including the acquisition and distribution of resources necessary in meeting professional goals; and provide assistance with and support of other service providers, departments, institutions, and organizations dependent upon the professional expertise of the practitioner. Presentations are designed to facilitate the healthcare provider maintaining skills of the same kind to review and update knowledge and abilities in one or more of these areas vital to the practicing professional.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Apply the pertinent physical and behavioral sciences as they impact and are affected by the planning, delivery, and monitoring of critical care services.
• Explain the selection, dosing considerations with methods of administration, safe use, and contraindications and precautions of drugs based on their chemical and pharmacologic properties.
• Outline comprehensive management plans for the group of patients discussed, whether related in age, physical status, cultural background, invasive procedure, anesthetic or analgesic requirements, clinical setting, adverse reactions, and/or goals of care.
• Apply the principles of safety and asepsis in the performance of all aspects of patient care regardless of the clinical environment in which the practice resides.
• Incorporate the appropriate recommendations and/or requirements of pertinent external organizations, institutions, and professional groups in the provision of critical care services, whether medical, legal, philosophical, ethical, or health care management standards.
- CME : 20
- Hours : 20
- Contact Hours : 20
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine