Comprehensive Treatment of the Knee - Tinton Falls (Oct 09 - 10, 2021)
Comprehensive Treatment of the Knee is organized by Great Lakes Seminars (GLS) and will be held from Oct 09 - 10, 2021 at Ivy Rehab Physical Therapy, Tinton Falls, New Jersey, United States of America.
This course has been submitted for 16 continuing education hours. Approval amounts may vary per state. Certificates of attendance with the number of course hours will be given to each participant at the completion of the course.
This course will show you an entirely different way to treat the knee. It focuses on a manual therapy approach to treatment of knee dysfunction, including joint mobilizations, meniscal mobilizations and myofascial/soft tissue releases. Multiple taping techniques are also shown for dysfunctions at the patella and the tibio-femoral joints. You will learn how dysfunctions above and below the knee can cause symptoms at the knee joint itself.
As with all of our manual therapy courses, this seminar will follow a progression of principles that will be reinforced throughout the 16 hours. This course is at least 75% hands-on lab, and will give the clinician skills they can use immediately upon their return to the clinical setting.
At the completion of this seminar, the participant will be able to:
• Correctly state 4 key anatomical structures and their application to joint mechanics, movement and dysfunction
• State the 7 key treatment principles for joint mobilizations and 4 treatment principles for taping and orthotic therapy
• Independently discuss 4 treatment concepts for myofascial release of the knee complex
• State the key treatment concepts for strengthening and balance re-education as outlined in the course manual
• Demonstrate each of the myofascial release techniques, joint mobilizations, taping and orthotic therapy techniques as well as each of the strengthening and balance re-education exercises as shown in the course manual with proficiency and skill
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CE Hours : 16
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine