An Overview of Orofacial Pain Disorders, Diagnosis and Management
An Overview of Orofacial Pain Disorders, Diagnosis and Management is organized by California Academy of General Dentistry (CAGD) and will be held on Apr 09, 2021 at Marriott Irvine Spectrum, Irvine, California, United States of America.
8 lecture CE
This course will introduce the attendant to all aspects of orofacial pain. It will review the temporomandibular joint disorders (TMDs): arthrogenous and myogenous disorders, internal derangements, and other uncommon joint conditions, as well as neuropathic and neurovascular conditions. This session will cover the etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and management of these orofacial pain disorders. In addition, this course will review the relationships between myogenous and arthrogenous disorders, non-odontogenic sources of toothache, headaches, and cervical pain. Dentists will learn how to easily differentiate between these orofacial conditions and implement medical, dental, pharmacologic and behavioral treatments. Clinical case studies will be presented to illustrate the treatment of the various TMDs.
• Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• Recognize and diagnose patients with orofacial pain and dysfunction.
• Identify patients with TMDs and treat uncomplicated conditions.
• Describe the underlying pain mechanisms and dysfunction of the orofacial structures.
• Perform a comprehensive head and neck examination and oral diagnostic evaluation.
• Define the specific orofacial pain diagnoses.
• Manage TMDs through non-pharmacological methods, including splint therapy, interventional therapy, and physical medicine.
• Select, administer and prescribe pharmacological agents in the treatment of TMDs.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CE : 8
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine