4th European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment Masterclass is organized by European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) and will be held from Mar 09 - 11, 2021 at Catholic University of Portugal, Porto, Portugal.
The EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Masterclass is suitable for specialized clinicians, clinical researchers, basic researchers, educators, and industry who reconize the challenge of preventing and treating pressure ulcers. This international Masterclass will provide an in-depth theoretical and practical basis about pressure ulcer prevention and treatment and will be interactive, practical, and example-filled.
The programme includes:
• lectures by international renowned pressure ulcer experts,
• guided tour in the wound care department,
• complex case discussions, group work,
• networking event.
At the end of this Masterclass, participants will be able to:
• describe the etiology and pathophysiology of pressure ulcer development;
• identify risk factors for pressure ulcer development;
• evaluate pressure ulcer risk assessment methods and procedures;
• explain the impact of pressure ulcers on patients, carers, organisations and on the society;
• diagnose and classify pressure ulcers;
• describe the association between pressure ulcers, quality of care, and patient safety;
• describe the evidence about support surfaces (cushions and mattresses), heel preventive devices, nutrition, and repositioning to prevent and treat pressure ulcers;
• recommend effective interventions to prevent pressure ulcers and adapt the interventions to specific patient populations and contexts;
• recommend effective interventions for local treatment of pressure ulcers and adapt the interventions to specific patient populations and contexts;
• list indications and contra-indications for wound dressings, biological dressings, growth factors and biophysical agents for the treatment of pressure ulcers;
• describe best practices for cleansing, debridement, assessment and treatment of infection and biofilms;
• Describe the etiology and pathophysiology of Incontinence Associated Dermatitis (IAD) development.
• Diagnose and classify IAD and develop a tailored prevention and treatment protocol for the own organisation.
• develop a tailored pressure ulcer prevention and treatment protocol for the own organisation;
• describe the role of surgery to treat pressure ulcers;
• apply effective techniques for patient repositioning;
• evaluate the strengths and limitations of pressure ulcer guidelines;
• discuss the challenges related to clinical trials in the domain of pressure ulcers;
• discuss methods and educational strategies for implementing pressure ulcer prevention and treatment protocols in practice.
The Masterclass Will Focus on the Following Topics
• Aetiology and biomechanics of pressure ulcers
• Epidemiology, diagnosis and classification
• Prevention (including specific patients populations)
• Treatment (with a focus on complex cases)
• Guidelines and guideline development
• Implementation, quality indicators, quality improvement projects
• Basic principles about research and pressure ulcers (including health economics)
Including accommodation for 3 nights at Hotel Boa Vista
• 1400 EUR for non-industry including hotel accommodation
• 1700 EUR for industry including hotel accommodation
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Non-industry Fee||08 Mar,2021||EUR 1,100.00|
|Industry Fee||08 Mar,2021||EUR 1,400.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news