Suicide Prevention Speaker Event is organized by Chesapeake Health Education Program (CHEP), Inc. and will be held on May 12, 2021 at Water's Edge Events Center LLC, Belcamp, Maryland, United States of America.
Addiction Counselors, Certified Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers, Nurses, Physicians, Physician Assistants
• American Psychological Association (APA) Credits - 6.0 Hours
• Maryland Social Work Credits - 6.0 hours
• National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Credits - 6.0 hours
• National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) Credits - 6.0 hours
"This course has been approved by CHEP as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider for 6.0 CEs. NAADAC provider number 62665, CHEP is responsible for all aspects of their programming."
This presentation will present context and history related to mental health care of suicidal risk. Then there will be a review of reliably identifying and assessing different suicidal states. The presentation will consider various policy considerations and the use of stabilization interventions. Proven suicide-focused treatments proven to work by randomized controlled trials will be discussed. The training ends with a consideration of ethics and malpractice along with a stepped care model for suicidal risk that is evidence-based, least-restrictive, and cost-effective.
• Identify how to reliably and effectively assess three different suicidal states.
• Recognize and apply qualitative and quantitative suicidal status form (SSF) assessment to identify treatment relevant information.
• Explain how to effectively intervene and treat 2-3 different suicidal states.
• Recall three components of CAMS philosophy used to target and treat patient-defined suicidal "drivers".
• Integrate CAMS clinical outcomes into resolution and disposition during final patient session.
• Integrate applied ethics, risk management, malpractice liability and the importance of a stepped care approach to effecitve suicide-focused care.
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $150.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news