19th Annual Primary Care Focus Symposium
Organized by : Baptist Health South Florida
Specialities : Nutrition, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and General Medicine, Pharmacy and Medicine, Primary Care, Family Practice, Respiratory Therapy, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioner, Family Nursing
19th Annual Primary Care Focus Symposium is organized Baptist Health South Florida. This onsite medical conference will be held from Jul 23 - 25, 2021 at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, Naples, Florida, United States of America.
Who Should Attend:
Family Physicians, General Internists, Psychologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists, Respiratory Therapists, All other interested healthcare practitioners.
Baptist Health South Florida delegates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians will be able to earn the credit commensurate based on the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been certified for 12 credit hours by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine, Podiatric Medicine, Psychology and the Florida Council of Physician Assistants. 5 credits for the Friday session (CE Broker #); 4 credits for the Saturday session (CE Broker #) and 3 credits for the Sunday session (CE Broker #).
Successful completion of this CME activity, which involves participation in the evaluation component, allows the participant to acquire up to 12 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Respondents will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the responsibility of a CME activity provider to submit a participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
NOTE: Maintenance of Certification (MOC) points will be automatically reported to the ABIM. Submissions are recorded in approximately 48 hours. You will get an email when your credits have been processed.
The primary care practitioner has a special and primary responsibility to diagnose and manage patients with every category of ailment, injury, and disease. This onsite symposium will offer practical, evidence-based strategies to strengthen healthcare competencies. The expert faculty will describe the recent advances in diagnosis, management, and treatment and address compelling issues as they correlate to the primary care setting. There will be ample opportunity for Q&A with the faculty during the panel discussion.
At the conclusion of this medical conference, attendees should be better able to:
• Relatively prescribe newer pharmacologic agents that reduce cardiovascular risk.
• Recognize the risk factors for and manage patients with atrial fibrillation.
• Diagnose and treat disorders of the hip and knee and recognize when to refer for specialized care.
• Incorporate the most effective measures to reduce hospital readmission.
• Employ evidence-based pharmacologic interventions to overcome the decline in lung function in patients with COPD.
• Appropriately evaluate and manage common benign breast conditions.
• Identify early symptoms of Parkinson’s disease to aid in early diagnosis.
• Dispense evidence-based treatments to reduce the progression of renal dysfunction in patients with chronic kidney disease.
• Conduct a comprehensive well-woman preventive visit.
• Assess, diagnose, and treat common disorders of female sexual function.
• Execute evidence-based approaches for diagnosing and treating osteoporosis.
• Know antimicrobial stewardship challenges and solutions in the primary care setting.
• Define the effects of climate change on health.
• Diagnose and treat common anxiety disorders.
• Recognize patients who could benefit from palliative care
✔End of life care
End of life care
- CME : 12
- Credit Hour : 12
- MOC : 12
The Ritz-Carlton Naples
280 Vanderbilt Beach Rd
Naples, Florida, United States Of America
At Nominal Fares
Find Low Cost
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine