Yoga to Improve Sensory, Self-Regulation and Motor Skills in Kids: Autism, ADHD, Developmental Disorders, Down Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 19, 2020 at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, Parsippany, New Jersey, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.0 contact hours or .6 CEUs.
• Social Workers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapist Assistants
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Are you struggling to gain the interest and cooperation of kids who have difficulty with motor skills, sensory processing, or behavior/emotional problems during your therapy sessions or in your classroom? Would you like to have some fun and effective new techniques to add to your bag of tricks?
Join Kathryne Cammisa, MHE, OTR/L, as she shows you the powerful and positive impact yoga can have on the kids you work with who face challenges with sensory processing, motor incoordination, neurological disorders, ASD, ADHD, emotional/behavioral issues and learning disorders. You will learn to integrate poses and techniques into your classroom or clinic regardless of your level of yoga experience.
You will walk away with interactive and hands on yoga practice to enhance:
• Motor skills
• Muscle length and strength
• Focus for learning
• Body and self-awareness
• Nervous system regulation
• Cooperation with others
Through hands on exercises, case studies and videos – you will leave equipped to improve physical, sensory and self-regulation skills with the kids you work with in therapy and the classroom!
• Communicate therapy goals reflecting each of the five components of well-balanced yoga practice.
• Implement yoga poses/techniques to improve strength & balance and range of motion.
• Select yoga poses/techniques to improve self-regulation and social & emotional skills.
• Design simple, well-balanced, yoga routines for children with special needs.
• Adapt yoga poses & techniques for a variety of settings, abilities & age levels.
• Incorporate techniques from each of the five components of yoga to create well-balanced yoga programs for kids with special needs.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Advance Fee||30 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration Fee||18 Feb,2020||USD 249.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||18 Feb,2020||USD 219.99|
Reviews Given by People
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news