Yoga and Mindfulness in the Classroom: Trauma-Informed Tools to Support Social and Emotional Learning, Student Success and Positive Climate is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Mar 20, 2020 at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 0.6 CEUs.
• Special Educators
• School Administrators
• School Social Workers
• School Counselors
• School Nurses
• Occupational Therapists
• Physical Therapists
• Speech Language Pathologists
Do you find yourself wondering what more you can do to help your easily distracted student? The one who has a hard time maintaining focus? What if you had the tools that would enhance focus and attention, ease anxiety, and improve confidence, self-esteem and academic performance? During this seminar, you will learn simple, developmentally appropriate yoga and mindfulness tools that can be immediately integrated into your daily curriculum. These skills are a proven and effective way to promote self-regulation ability, learning readiness and resilience while cultivating a positive, peaceful, productive classroom.
Through the framework of – Noticing, Mindful Choice, Practice, Reflection, Integration – you will learn how to empower your students and yourself with increased self-awareness, the foundation for the development of self-regulation skills and cognitive control. Through 67 simple yoga and mindfulness-based activities designed to engage the whole child, you will help your students move from a state of anxiety and dysregulation to a state of engagement, control and connectedness. All activities are specially chosen for their suitability for the typical classroom space and schedule and can be done standing beside or sitting at desks, while hands and bodies remain off the floor. Yoga 4 Classrooms is easy for teachers, students, and therapists to use, and helps to create a more harmonious, learning friendly school day.
This inspiriting workshop will give you the tools to integrate yoga and mindfulness skills into your classroom, leaving everyone feeling empowered, calm and ready to learn. Absolutely no yoga experience is required.
• Explore the mind-body connection and how stress and trauma affects learning and behavior.
• Evaluate the physical, cognitive, social, and emotional benefits of yoga and mindfulness-based interventions for children in schools.
• Determine the signs of imbalance in your students and yourself.
• Develop opportunities for taking yoga breaks during the school day.
• Implement 67 simple, trauma-informed yoga and mindfulness-based activities, as needed, throughout the day.
• Design outcome-focused sequences based on time available: calming, focusing, energizing, community building.
• Access additional tools and resources to ensure continued progress.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||29 Feb,2020||USD 219.99|
|2 Plus Group Rate: Per Person Fee||19 Mar,2020||USD 219.99|