Writing, Publishing, and Social Media for Healthcare Professionals 2020
Writing, Publishing, and Social Media for Healthcare Professionals is organized by Harvard Medical School (HMS), The Penzias Group and will be held from Apr 16 - 18, 2020 at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
Who Should Attend
• Physicians of all specialties
• Nurse Practitioners
• Physician Assistants
• Social Workers
• Medical Writers and other healthcare professionals who want to improve their communication skills and publish their work
Credits: 27.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
A special program for healthcare professionals who want to advance their communication skills or get published
This unique 3-day course, among the highest-rated Harvard Medical School CME courses, empowers physicians, psychologists, and other healthcare professionals to expand their visibility and influence in healthcare through traditional and new media. As an attendee, you will learn how to make the most of print, live, and online communication channels, and sharpen your ability to market yourself and your body of work. Individual sessions focus on:
• Best practices for connecting the public with your ideas and insights
• Getting your book published in 2020: new challenges and options
• Lectures and workshops to improve your writing and your "elevator" or book pitch
• Personalized instruction from top-tier writing coaches, editors, and literary agents
• Social media: introductory and advanced topics
• Self-publishing books, blogs, and websites
• Strategies for impacting national and international healthcare audiences
• Workshops to assist in the development of memoirs and narrative nonfiction
• Steps to ensure the success of your published work
• On-Site Agents, Publishers and Editors
At this unique program, you can have substantial one-on-one time with agents and acquisitions editors who are actively looking for healthcare authors. Meet them on our dedicated publishers' exhibit floor, and talk to them throughout the conference to discuss your ideas as they evolve.
In addition to these healthcare publishing professionals, the program faculty includes physicians who are regularly published, experts in public speaking, and nationally recognized coaches in scientific writing.
Reasons to Attend in 2020
All attendees take home tools and techniques to publish in various venues, including, but not limited to: books, magazine and newspaper articles, blogs, patient brochures, newsletters, mobile apps, and social media. In addition, you will:
• Improve and expand your writing and communication skills
• Get ideas to reframe your professional life
• Make invaluable contacts with editors, writing coaches, and literary agents
• Receive expert guidance (and practice time) to hone your “elevator pitch”
• Learn about how to productize your intellectual property
• Hear how to secure and prepare for speaking engagements on television, radio, and at live events
• Have fun and meet wonderful colleagues who share your creative energy
Customize Your Learning Experience
You may also customize your learning experience by attending optional workshops led by healthcare publishing experts who will critique your pre-existing unpublished works, your ideas for new works, and/or writing that you do in class. These workshops represent a rare opportunity to learn and get input from the people who decide every day what gets published and what does not for the healthcare arena.
Over the years that Harvard Medical School has offered this CME course, it has altered the trajectory of many of its attendees’ careers. Past attendees report that the education they received and the contacts they made have been life-changing.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• List the elements of a nonfiction book proposal.
• Determine the key strategies that successful writers use to publish their work and apply them to your own writing.
• Evaluate common mistakes in narrative writing that lead to errors and poor communication.
• Compare and contrast narrative, memoir, self-help, and other nonfiction genres.
• Apply the three phases of the book publishing process.
• Analyze various forms of writing and how they are used in educating the public.
• Determine the next steps in advancing publishing goals.
• Name the most useful social media outlets for healthcare professionals.
• Identify new venues for professional lectures.
• Develop your narrative writing skills.
• Describe the roles of various publishing professionals
|Contact No. :||617-384-8600
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Early Registration||29 Feb,2020||USD 995.00|